School Self-Evaluation is about identifying priority areas and working collaboratively in achieving progress in our school community.
It is a continuous reflective piece focussing on
- What we do?
- How we are doing it?
- How can we improve?
Here we share our school self-evaluation objectives with our parent body.
- WELLBEING – of our pupils, staff, parents and wider community.
- Laps daily.
- Meditation daily.
- Conflict Resolution Wheel.
- Diverse events organised throughout the school year.
2. GAEILGE – Gaeilgeoir na Seachtaine – On encouragement to all in using Gaeilge as much as possible throughout the school day and at home. Celebration and recognition of same at our monthly assembly.
3. SPECIAL CLASSES FOR CHILDREN WITH AUTISM – Outside specialists coming into our school to advise, guide and mentor with regard to best practise in resourcing and in pedagogical approach. Additional focus on acquisition of life skills.
4. MATHS – All staff receiving training in Mata sa Rang. Audit conducted and new maths equipment purchased across different class levels. Emphasis and focus on playfulness in maths lessons across all classes.